A Masticating juicer (or slow speed juicer as they are also known) extracts the juice from fruit and vegetables in a way that doesn’t let any heat or oxygen affect the juice due to the friction caused by the juicing process.The last thing you want when you are going to the effort of making yourself a healthy and nutritious juice is to end up with your juice less than it’s best.The masticating juicer works by chopping up the fruit and vegetables into small pieces first and then squeezing out the juice and removing the pulp. Think of them as a more gentle type of juicer.
What are the advantages of using a masticating juicer?
• They are very good at preserving nutrients because they extract juice slowly and don’t “damage” the nutrients.
• They are quieter compared to centrifugal juicers.
• They create 20% more juice compared to a centrifugal juicer because of the way the juice is extracted. The remaining pulp is a lot drier.
• They produce less foam.
• Masticating juicers are easy to clean.
What are the disadvantages of using a masticating juicer?
• They take longer to create the juice because it is made more slowly.
• Masticating juicers are usually fairly heavier and not portable.
• For hard fruits they don’t work as well.
Omega do a very popular range of masticating juicers. A firm favourite Omega juicer is the Omega Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer J8004.
This Omega juicer has an RPM of 80. Compared to centrifugal juicers that have RPMs of well over 1000, this is a very slow speed.
Being a much slower speed juicer does not necessarily mean it takes much longer to do the juicing however. It’s highly efficient at juicing and by using a slower speed it protects the nutrients from degradation.
As discussed earlier, heat, friction and speed can lower the quality of nutrients and mean they are not preserved for as long. This Omega juicer ensures you are maintaining all the nutrients in your juice at their best.
A key feature of this juicer mentioned by the manufacturer is the “GE Ultem Auger” which is 8 times stronger than most other plastics.
• It’s quiet because it’s moving at a slow speed.
• It’s very simple to use.
• It’s easy to clean (lots of other juice fans have commented on this too).
• It comes with a 15 year warranty. That certainly requires a strong reliability and durability to have the courage to put out such a long warranty.
• There is no foaming or heat build up that can damage the nutrients.
• The feed tube where you add your ingredients into the juice machine is 1.5” and therefore you need to cut up your ingredients small enough to drop in.
• It does take longer to create the juice than if you were using a centrifugal juicer
Overall the Omega J8004 is an excellent fruit and vegetable juicer and it’s received some great reviews and feedback from other users. In summary it’s efficient, quiet and creates high quality fresh juice at a slow speed!
Here are some other masticating juicers to consider and you can find out more about each one in our featured reviews:
- Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer, White
- Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating, Chrome and Black
- Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer – Black and Chrome
- Omega VRT330HD Vertical Masticating Juicer
- Omega VRT350S Heavy Duty Dual-Stage Vertical Single Auger Low Speed Juicer
- Omega VRT330S 80RPM Vertical Masticating Juicer
- Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating slow (50% discount!)
Incoming search terms:
- discount juicer
- juicerdiscount com
- centrifugal vs masticating discount jucicers
- juicers that produce less froth